Supervision is a process towards licensing that requires a commitment to growth in self as therapist which includes discussing and analyzing therapeutic experiences from current case load, discussion of theory, clinical practices and techniques, ethical issues and career challenges.
I provide a supportive environment designed for individual learning and professional growth, including opportunities for group sessions to build a network of trusted colleagues, study group and shared experiences.
Weekly group offering for networking/support.
10 session MFT Exam study group for Associates
Therapeutic Book Club for Professional Growth
Washington State Supervision Requirements
- A minimum of two calendar years of full-time marriage and family therapy, and at least 3,000 hours of experience, 1,000 hours of which must be direct client contact.
- At least 500 hours must be gained in diagnosing and treating couples and families; and At least 200 hours of qualified supervision with an approved supervisor.
- At least 100 of the 200 hours must be one-on-one supervision, and the remaining hours may be in one-on-one or group supervision.
- Of the total supervision, 100 hours must be with a licensed marriage and family therapist (LMFT) who has at least five years clinical experience.
- The other 100 hours may be with a equally qualified licensed mental health practitioner.
- Those who have completed a master’s program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (COAMFTE) will be credited with 500 hours of direct client contact and 100 hours of formal meetings with an approved supervisor."
Hawaii State Supervision Requirements http://hawaii.gov/dcca/pvl/hrs/hrs_pvl_451j.pdf
- 200 Clinical Supervision in not less than 24 months.
- Supervision of no more than 6 persons at the time who are acquiring and completing clinical experience in accordance with section 451J-7(2) and (3)
- Conducted by a licensed marriage and family therapist whose license has been in good standing in any state for two years preceding commencement and during term of supervision; or
- Any licensed mental health professional whose license has been in good standing in any state AND who has been a clinical member in good standing of the Association for the two years preceding commencement and during the term of supervision.
- Supervision includes but is not limited to case consultation of the assessment and diagnosis of presenting problems, development and implementation of treatment plans, and the evaluation of the course of treatment. Clinical supervision may include direct observation by the qualified supervisor of the provision of marriage and family therapy.
Contact me to set up an appointment to discuss supervision. I provide HIPAA compliant online supervision for both Washington and Hawaii as well as in office supervision in my Des Moines, WA office on Tuesday, Thursday or Friday.